Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Green (or not so green) Kitchen

Well, the decision has been made. We weighed our options, and whether the poll really swayed us or not, I don't know. But we appreciate all of your comments and suggestions. They were fun to read.

The kitchen is no longer green. I enjoyed it while it lasted. :) Someday I'll have a green kitchen again, or a green bathroom, or laundry room, or something... Afterall, we still have most of the gallon of green left.

I repainted the kitchen yesterday. The actual title of the color is Homestead Ballroom Gold. I don't think that's very descriptive of the color. Burke called it dried up mustard. I quickly vetoed that. I would call it nutmeg or golden graham (as in the cold cereal)--much more dignified, wouldn't you say? Surprisingly, it lightens up the room, and feels warmer and more inviting. We love it.

Now that I've done my part, Burke gets to do his part (finish the trim around the window and do the backsplash). So when he finishes his job this week, I'll post pics. Until then, enjoy the preview. :)

And for good measure, some cute pictures of McKay.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks great!! I can't wait to see more pictures. Tell Burke to hurry!
And McKay is getting cuter all the time :)

Collette said...

i think you posted a picture of my kitchen... haha it looks great!

Trent said...

I like the color you ended up with! Its beautiful. McKay is so adorable! I love it.
ps, this is from natalie

Sessions Family said...

That color looks alot better, good work. :) McKay looks so cute! He is growing right up.

Brittany said...

Hey you! Just wanted to see how you are doing? McKay is getting sooo big, oh my goodness. The ward is great and we are having such a blast serving with all of those great people! But, tell us about life out in Ohio! Love you!

Anna said...

Umm... 1. Pic #2 of McKay TDF (to die for) it's my background. 2. Yellow rocks my socks!! Green... kinda icky. too bright and spring. It's matches super well and great for accenting and your autumn-ness scheme. Plus that color yellow is one of my favorite colors! Good pick. I knew I trained you well!

Carol T. said...

Who cares what the kitchen looks like. I like looking at McKay instead. He's gotten fat little cheeks and a wrinkly nose. Can't wait to see him. (I do like the new kitchen color better.)

Brooklyn said...

PERFECT COLOR! I love McKay's lips in the second picture!