Friday, September 9, 2011

A Day in Cincinnati

The day after Burke finished finals, we headed down to Cincinnati for the afternoon. We made a stop at IKEA so I could get my stools for my music class.

From there we headed to the Newport Aquarium across the river in Kentucky. McKay was in heaven! He was so fascinated with all the fish and has talked about sharks ever since. It was an AWESOME aquarium. If you ever get the chance to go to Cincy, don't miss the aquarium!









Following the aquarium we caught a Cincinnati Reds game. The stadium was so cool! Luckily we won in the bottom of the ninth (after 10 pm), so we could watch the fireworks (that didn't start until after 11!) and get home (at 2 am). McKay stayed up for the entire game and fireworks show afterwards. Needless to say, he crashed sitting upright in his stroller on the way back to the car.





We had such a fun time and have decided Cincinnati is one of our favorite places we've been.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Beautiful pictures. I especially love the red one of McKay. How cool! Btw, I love your post about Anson's natural birth. I think when we have kids (someday) I'll have a natural child birth. I think if I can handle a ruptured appendix, I might be able to handle natural child birth. :) Miss you so much, friend!!

gbrooks said...

What a fun day! I can't believe how awesome you look, Anson is not that old. You amaze me, friend!

Brooklyn said...

I want to go to an aquarium! Unfortunately there are none to be found till BC! That's just a little far to travel I think.