So the whole 25 random things is going around on facebook. I finally got sucked into it today. I decided to make it worth my while and put it on my blog too; it makes me feel better about not updating it recently. Enjoy!
1. I have quite a fetish with blue pens. I have only used blue pens in school since jr. high. I don't like black pens, and I only use red pens at work because I have to--I'm an editor.
2. I love the dictionary and wikipedia and other reference sources, especially my big orange Chicago, the editor's bible. I even enjoy Webster's long-winded usage dictionary because it is witty.
3. I usually have to finish something once I start it.
4. I enjoy sewing and try to find a project for myself every once in a while, but I have no desire to quilt. I like to stay up late sewing like my mom.
5. I have not enjoyed the Twilight series and am only finishing it because I started it. I can't stand Edward or Bella, and I think that Bella should have ended up with Jacob because it would have made both of them less whiny and annoying. Jacob really bugs me right now too, but he didn't in the second book.
6. I would be a complete basket case if I lost or didn't have my planner. It has my whole life in it--almost.
7. I love cooking/baking, but hadn't cooked much more than macaroni and cheese before I was married. My husband can tell you my food tastes pretty good (no newly married horror stories). My favorite thing to cook is desserts.
8. I don't like berries. Any of them. No, not even strawberries. The seeds bother me, but I do like them in the form of artificial flavoring.
9. I am dying to go on a roller coaster. I think the itch is worse than usual right now because I can't ride them (good thing this baby is coming out in three more weeks). I would go on the scariest roller coaster you can find without flinching. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't find them quite as thrilling.
10. I lived in Paris, France, for three months, and it was amazing. I want to go back.
11. I have very strong opinions about girls seriously waiting for boys on their missions. I won't get on my soapbox today. Maybe another day.
12. I am the middle child in my family. I wouldn't trade spots for the world. My husband is also the middle child. We understand middle-child syndrome and experiences very well.
13. I married Captain Moroni, which is almost every girl's dream. (We met in the Hill Cumorah Pageant. I was a Lamanite warrior dancer.)
14. I don't understand why books say "edited by . . . " on the front cover when said person didn't even do a lick of editing. I would know.
15. My husband would tell you I have more Arizona pride than people with California or Texas pride. I won't deny how much I love Arizona.
16. I have collected t-shirts from BYU for four years so that I can make a BYU t-shirt blanket someday. Most of them I got for free. (I am wiling to accept donations, any size.) Since I don't like quilting, I think I'll have to hire my sister to make it for me.
17. I am running out of things to say.
18. Brugge, Belgium, is the most magical and enchanting place in the world. If I could go anywhere, I would go there again.
19. I don't think I am very creative. But I like things to look beautiful.
20. I call myself a realist. My husband kindly reminds me that realists are only pessimists who are fooling themselves.
21. I REALLY didn't like football--until I got married. If my family heard how much I knew about football, the latest recruits, college teams, the BCS, etc., they would be shocked. I blame my husband.
22. I am going to be a Buckeye starting this fall at Ohio State University. I am really excited. But I'll always be a true blue cougar, too.
23. I'm going to be a mom in three more weeks. Crazy!
24. Someday, I am going to run a marathon and do at least a mini triathlon.
25. Burke and I like to sit up late playing card games with just the two of us. Sometimes too late. But it's always fun. He's my best friend.