Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sharks say . . .

We went to the library on Monday to switch out McKay's books and get him some new ones. He loves to read, and we happen to have the top library in the nation (I am in heaven!), so I am always finding great new books for McKay.

One of the books we chose has a page with a shark on it. When we came home Monday and read it, I pointed to the shark and said "Shark" then proceeded to do a brief excerpt from Jaws--you know: do doot. do doot. etc. He didn't seem very interested.

Tonight he was picking out books to read before bed and he brought that particular one to me. When we opened to that same page, he said "shawk" and started saying "do do do do." It was adorable. Needless to say, we came back to that page no less than eight times tonight, and every time, he "sang" the song. When Burke is home tomorrow, I'll have to record it. It is just too cute.

I guess he's going to forever believe that sharks say "do doot. do doot. do do do do do do" etc.

3 comments:

Anna said...

hahahahaha What a great mom! Teaching your kids false doctrine of animal sounds. But if i were to pick anyone to mix up -- it'd be this one! He's growing and learning so much I can't wait to see him and play with him!!! Love you :)

Carol T. said...

He is learning so much and is a handful. So busy constantly! I wish I could see him. In a month! Yeah!

Megan said...

This is cute :) but what else would you say a shark says? What does a shark say anyway? Or a whale? Or why is the color orange the same name as the fruit orange? This stuff is confusing!! ha ha anyway, "do doot"... I like it :)